Chicago is way excited about two things right now: the 2016 Olympics bid and Lollapalooza. I have compiled some rumors/facts and welcome any other rumors people have heard, especially concerning the $60 festival tickets, as they eventually jump to close to over $200.
- Beastie Boys, Depeche Mode, Kings of Leon and Jane’s Addiction are rumored to play.
- The ever-elusive $60 souvenier tickets go on sale this week. An email was sent, I believe, Monday stating this. Last year, the tickets sold out in either 1 minute or 10 minutes. Ridiculous.
- My personal prediction was that Coldplay is going to play, but their tour schedule has since filled up, with dates on both August 7th & 9th. They still could play August 8th, but I’ve heard that bands can’t have a show for a certain amount of days before and after they play Lollapalooza.
- Last I heard, which was probably on the Chicago Tribune, is that Chicago is one of the front runners for the Olympics bid, but recently someone important, whom I can’t remember his name or title, withdrew his association with the bid.
- When I look at the evaluation scores, Chicago is third.
**Update [2:41 pm]: The $60 tickets came and went at 2:05 pm this afternoon. Last year, they sent an email right before they released the tickets. The year before, an email a day in advance. And this year, no warning. I don’t think my mind/blood pressure can handle this again next year…