this is seriously the only new game i actually have a STRONG desire to play.
it’s basically just a remake of the Bionic Commando for the NES (which is one of the best NES games ever made). there are some new things added, but none of them sound like they would HURT anything. just as long as the original gameplay is still there, this game should rule.
the NEW junk:
- A health bar replaces the previous system, meaning players collect health items from enemies to restore health, as opposed to gaining more hit points.
- Players can now shoot their arm to grab barrels and throw them at enemies. The arm can also be enhanced to grab enemies and use them as human shields.
- Weapons can now be changed during gameplay, with each weapon having stronger or weaker impact depending on the enemy. (For example, the default Revolver is effective against human enemies, but weaker against robots.)
- Boss battles have been remade from scratch. The final boss of the original game is now a fully fledged level.
- A co-operative mode is featured, with the enemy and boss AI changing to accommodate the extra player.
- Hacking into the enemy network now involves navigating a three-dimensional puzzle to hack into the enemy’s communications. Extra points (or a health bonus if player has incomplete health bar) is also rewarded upon completion.
- The game also features challenge rooms which involves using the bionic arm to get from start to finish in the fastest time possible.
- Numerous competitive multiplayer modes are added, including ‘Don’t Touch the Floor” in which only hitting the very bottom of the level kills the player, and weapons only knock the player back.
- Force feedback has been implemented when using the bionic arm, firing weapons, and other events
- In-game art designed by Shinkiro
and the game features the original music too, just remixed to be MOODY and shit.
let me come over and play.
damn. sorry i’m such a nerd.