the u.s. government is trying to get the iraqi government to sign a “security pact” by the end of july.
here are a few of the provisions… it:
- grants the U.S. long-term rights to maintain over 50 military bases in their California-sized country
- allows the U.S. to strike any other country from within Iraqi territory without the permission of the Iraqi government
- allows the U.S. to conduct military activities in Iraq without consulting with the local government
- allows U.S. forces to arrest any Iraqi without consulting with Iraqi authorities
- extends to U.S. troops and contracters immunity from Iraqi law
- gives U.S. forces control of Iraqi airspace below 29,000ft.
- places the Iraqi Defense, Interior and National Security ministries, under American supervision for ten years
- gives the U.S. responsibility for Iraqi armament contracts for ten years
read more here: counterpunch.org