There are currently FOUR types of Doritos (Nacho Cheese, Taco, Spicy Sweet Chili and Blazin’ Buffalo Ranch) in the vending machine. There is always at least one type of Doritos, and sometimes two, but this time I think the Doritos Guy (the vending machine stockman) is really trying to get Corporate Four riled up. Here is my ranking of Doritos flavors:
13. Salsa Verde: I’m really surprised they are still making these. I remember I got in trouble when these were first available for making my Mom buy them and not wanting to finish them because they smelled and tasted so bad.
12. Toasted Corn: These barely count as Doritos. I wish they would go away.
11. Fiery Habanero: Nothing to write home about.
10. Hot Wings/Blue Cheese: This is too much flavor. I can only eat less than half a bag.
9. Zesty Taco/Chipotle Ranch: Two flavors that are better alone than together.
8. Natural White Nacho Cheese: These kind of have a water-downed flavor.
7. Smokin’ Cheddar BBQ: Decent
6. Blazin’ Buffalo Ranch: See #10.
5. Nachos 3-D: I think they don’t deserve such a high ranking, but they are gimmicks and I love gimmicks. I will admit that the light texture brings down the overall chip, definitely does not have the Cheetos Puffs effect.
4. Spicy Nacho: I love these. They never disappoint.
3. Cool Ranch AKA Cooler Ranch: A classic.
2. Taco: I crave this flavor more than any other Doritos flavor.
1. Nacho Cheese AKA Nacho Cheesier: The original is the best, duh. In the last 20 or so years, it seems like the recipe has slightly changed, but there is no substitute for this undeniably awesome product!
I am yet to try Poppin’ Jalapeño, Ranchero, Spicy Sweet Chili and Sizzlin’ Picante. Ooops!